For the sixth straight year, October is Dining Month on OnMilwaukee.com, presented by Concordia University. All month, we're stuffed with restaurant reviews, delectable features, chef profiles and unique articles on everything food, as well as the winners of our "Best of Dining 2012."
Your votes are in, Milwaukee, and you have selected the winners of OnMilwaukee's Best Dining 2012. We're announcing the results of this readers' poll, including our editors' pick, in a series of articles that run all October long during Dining Month on OnMilwaukee.com.
Adam Siegel of Bacchus and Lake Park Bistro won, for the second year in a row, top chef in our annual poll.
Siegel won by a large margin, with Sandy D'Amato of Sanford, coming in second and La Merenda's Peter Sandroni claiming a close third.
Siegel, who has helmed kitchens at Lake Park Bistro, Northpoint Custard and Bacchus and has become a key player in the Bartolotta Restaurants team, received a James Beard Award in 2008.
This year, the OnMilwaukee.com editors picked the talented Peggy Magister of Crazy Water as their pick for her amazing American fusion cuisine menu.
OnMilwaukee.com editors' choice: Peggy Magister
2. Sandy D'Amato (Sanford)
3. Peter Sandroni (La Merenda)
4. Adam Lucks (Comet)
5. Peggy Magister (Crazy Water)
6. Juan Urbieta (Ristorante Bartolotta)
7. Michael Feker (Il Mito Enoteca)
8. Dan Van Rite (Hinterland)
9. Justin Aprahamian (Sanford)
10. Rich Alvarado (Milwaukee Steak House)
11. Dave Swanson (Braise)
12. Justin Carlisle (Umami Moto)
13. Jan Kelly (Meritage)
14. Matt Baier (Dream Dance Steak)
15. Thomas Hauck (Circa 1880)