Bublr Bikes, Milwaukee’s bike-share system, opened its first stations outside of Milwaukee over the weekend, with seven stations containing 75 bikes installed and available in Wauwatosa.
The Bublr Bikes network currently has nearly 50 stations and 425 bicycles. The Wauwatosa expansion will be followed by additional station installations in Milwaukee next month.
In the coming years, the system plans to expand to over 100 stations and 800 Bublr Bikes in Milwaukee, Wauwatosa, West Allis and Shorewood. Bublr Bikes is actively raising private funds for continued network expansion.
By the end of October, the Bublr Bikes network will contain over 55 stations and will be larger than systems found in Milwaukee peer cities including Pittsburgh; Columbus, OH; Nashville; Cincinnati; and Indianapolis.
The new Wauwatosa stations are located at:
- City Hall (57 Watson Ave.)
- Village South (7751 Harwood Ave.)
- W. North Ave. & 69th Street (2276 N. 69th St.)
- W. North Ave. & N. 72nd Street (7172 W. North Ave.)
- W. North Ave & N. 83rd Street (2299 N. 83rd St.)
- W. North Ave. & Swan Blvd. (2286 N. Swan Blvd.)
- Ludington Triangle (1717 Ludington Ave.)
Information on using Bublr Bikes is available at BublrBikes.com.