It may not officially be summer quite yet – but it sure feels like it nowadays with all the live summer music series and festivals back in action once again, now including Bay View's iconic Chill on the Hill which will begin its sonic slate for 2023 tonight.
Held on Tuesday nights throughout the summer at beautiful Humboldt Park hill, the free music series brings three months worth of wonderful live local music to the Bay View bandshell, ranging across genre from hip-hop to indie rock to rockbilly surf vibes and classical from the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra. Plus, to help feed all the senses, the music series comes surrounded with tasty local food trucks and beverage options on tap from Lakefront Brewery and from the The Vine Humboldt wine and beer garden.
Here's the lineup taking the bandshell stage Tuesdays at Chill on the Hill this year:
- June 6 – Shamewave and Collections of Colonies of Bees
- June 13 – Pulpa de Guayaba and Joe Huber
- June 20 – American Legion Band
- June 27 – Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra
- July 4 – Fourth of July Celebration
- July 11 – Bella Brutto and Barb Stephan
- July 18 – Lost Orange Cat and Elephonic
- July 25 – Ben Harold & The Rising and Dope Music Crew
- Aug. 1 – Scam Likely and The Grovelers
- Aug. 8 – NilexNile and Cozy Danger
- Aug. 15 – Smoke n Mirrors and Cosmic Endeavors
- Aug. 22 – Ben Mulwana and WhiskeyBelles
- Aug. 29 – Dick Satan Trio and Shonn Hinton
The music will begin nightly at 6:30 p.m. while food trucks will begin serving at the park around 5 p.m. For more information about Chill on the Hill, visit their website.
And for more summer music updates, stay tuned to OnMilwaukee.
As much as it is a gigantic cliché to say that one has always had a passion for film, Matt Mueller has always had a passion for film. Whether it was bringing in the latest movie reviews for his first grade show-and-tell or writing film reviews for the St. Norbert College Times as a high school student, Matt is way too obsessed with movies for his own good.
When he's not writing about the latest blockbuster or talking much too glowingly about "Piranha 3D," Matt can probably be found watching literally any sport (minus cricket) or working at - get this - a local movie theater. Or watching a movie. Yeah, he's probably watching a movie.