Looking for a one stop shop for your Sunday dinner? Or reheatable items or treats to get you through the week?
Set aside some time to attend the special Culinary Market on Sunday, May 2 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Kujichagulia Producers Cooperative inside the Sherman Phoenix, 3536 W. Fond du Lac Ave. [Read more about the Cooperative].
During the market, you’ll find a wide variety of dishes from local chefs, bakers, makers and caterers. You can also peruse the goods from local vendors at the KojiChagulia Cooperative.
Purchases can be made on site, with some vendors also offering pre-ordering by phone or online for pick-up at the market.
Here’s the list of vendors and their offerings:
- Anomaly Catering: catfish, spaghetti, cornbread
- Aunt Manda’s Ginger Beverages: ginger beer, cucumber and pineapple ginger
- Cakes by Linda Kay: Cakes (caramel, chocolate, lemon, German chocolate, sour cream pound cake) and pies (blueberry, apple, pecan, sweet potato) cobblers and more. Pre-orders accepted by phone at (414) 202-8876
- Delicious Bites: seafood lasagna meal (or full pan); grilled chicken family meal kit. Preorder online at thedeliciousbites.com.
- Flour Girl & Flame: Wood-fired pizzas (The Forager, The Meats, Wisco Margherita, Hot Boi). Preorder online at toasttab.com/flour-girl-and-flame.
- Junior’s Smoked BBQ: sandwiches (brisket, pulled pork or vegan smoked jackfruit); rib tps, ribs, smoked chicken, African-style collard greens
- Nature’s Tasty Treats: Sorbets (pineapple blueberry basil; mango raspberry; strawberry lime); lemonade (tropical or triple lemon); double chocolate cake. Preoder online at naturestasty.com.
- Soulful Juice: Assorted lemonades, ginger shots and 8-ounce pressed juices
- The Cultured Vegan: That Soi Bowl (six cheeze baked macaroni, Southern fried cabbage, candied yams and beans over rice fried shrimp); Asian Flava Bowl (sweet potatoes, veggie fried rice, chick’n and broccoli, yellow curry veggie, lo mein spring roll); NOLA Bowl (Andouille, red bayou shrimp pasta, blackened tofu, creole butte veggies, cajun cornbread); Island Vibes Bowl (rice and peas, cabbage, curried chickpeas, coconut shrimp; coco bread); german chocolate cake minis; oatmeal raisin cookies, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Preorder online at theculturedvegan.com.
- Vegan Soul: Vegan soul Sunday dinner (premiere BBQ ribz, smoky gouda mac ‘n cheese, maple bourbon collard greens, brown sugar butter cornbread); peanut stew with jasmine rice and brown sugar butter cornbread; peach cobbler. Preorder by phone at (414) 526-9329
Lori is an avid cook whose accrual of condiments and spices is rivaled only by her cookbook collection. Her passion for the culinary industry was birthed while balancing A&W root beer mugs as a teenage carhop, fed by insatiable curiosity and fueled by the people whose stories entwine with each and every dish. She’s had the privilege of chronicling these tales via numerous media, including OnMilwaukee and in her book “Milwaukee Food.” Her work has garnered journalism awards from entities including the Milwaukee Press Club.
When she’s not eating, photographing food, writing or recording the FoodCrush podcast, you’ll find Lori seeking out adventures with her husband Paul, traveling, cooking, reading, learning, snuggling with her cats and looking for ways to make a difference.