It’s National Cheeseburger Day and SafeHouse, 779 N. Front St., has issued two special missions in alignment with the goal of ensuring all Milwaukee area agents are well fed during the month of September.
Mission #1: Operation Burger Master
The first deliciously dangerous mission is simple: visit the SafeHouse to try out four of the restaurant’s top-ranked burgers during the month of September. Log all four burgers and you will win one free burger (for redemption in October) along with a chance to be rewarded with a free one-night stay at Milwaukee’s historic Pfister Hotel.
Featured burgers include:
- The Provacateur: an Angus burger topped with spreadable brie and bacon jam.
- Spy Burger: a hand-pattied burger smashed on a flat top, seasoned to perfection and served on a freshly baked brioche bun. Order it straight up or with one of three covers for $2: blue cheese and cajun seasoning; sautéed mushrooms and onions with Swiss cheese; bacon, cheddar, and BBQ sauce; or sautéed onions and peppers, provolone cheese.
- Double Agent: two all-beef patties, American cheese, sautéed red onions and secret burger sauce on marble rye.
- M.O.A.B. Burger: a hand-pattied beef burger with American cheese, bacon, and an over easy egg, topped with secret sauce on a brioche bun.
The Smersh Burger (vegetarian) is also eligible for the mission; any vegetarian agent who logs four Smershs in September will be rewarded.
Mission #2: Feed your family
The second mission is built for families. Every Tuesday from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., families of four agents can enjoy a meal together for just $50. The mission includes:
- Choice of appetizer: cheese curds, Stasi twists or nachos.
- Choice of sandwich: burger, chicken breast sandwich, Smersh burger, or kid’s meal (one per person).
- Non-alcoholic beverages, such as soft drinks, lemonade or iced tea (bottled root beer not included).
Additional meals for additional guests or family members are available at full price.
Spies clued into the SafeHouse social media channels on Facebook, Twitter @SafeHouseMKE, Instagram @safehousemke and SnapChat throughout the month of September will receive clandestine (and exclusive) intel about these dangerously delicious missions.
This message will self destruct.
Lori Fredrich (Lo) is an eater, writer, wonderer, bon vivante, traveler, cook, gardener and girlwonder. Born and raised in the Milwaukee area, she has tried to leave many times, but seems to be drawn to this quirky city that smells of beer and alewives.
Some might say that she is a little obsessed with food. Lo would say she is A LOT obsessed with food. After all, she has been cooking, eating and enjoying food for decades and has no plans to retire anytime soon.
Lo's recipes and writing have been featured in a variety of publications including GO: Airtran Inflight Magazine, Cheese Connoisseur, Cooking Light, Edible Milwaukee, Milwaukee Magazine and the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, as well as on the blog Go Bold with Butter, the web site Wisconsin Cheese Talk, and in the quarterly online magazine Grate. Pair. Share.