City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works Commissioner Ghassan Korban has declared a snow emergency effective at 6 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 1 until further notice to facilitate effective curb-to-curb plowing on main arterials.
What happens during a snow emergency:
- Night parking regulations go into effect from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. (instead of 2 a.m. to 6 a.m.)
- No parking is allowed on arterials, bus lines, or thru-highways from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- No parking on residential streets signed "No Parking During Snow Emergency" or "No Parking from Dec. 1 to March 1" or "No Parking Anytime"
- Posted signs for other parking restrictions must be obeyed, specifically the "4-inch rule" sign.
- Comply with the alternate side street parking on other residential streets.
- Vehicles parked on streets designated as "Snow Route Tow Away Zones" will be ticketed and towed when a snow emergency is declared.
Milwaukee Public Schools has designated playgrounds available for off street parking during snow emergencies from 7 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 1 to 7 a.m. Monday, Feb. 2.