The biggest stage at the Big Gig is all set for showtime as Summerfest announced its final remaining booking for the 2021 American Family Insurance Amphitheater this morning: alt pop punk duo Twenty One Pilots, who will rock the Amp on Saturday, Sept. 4.
The concert will mark the "Stressed Out" and "Heathens" hitmakers' first show in Milwaukee since their Fiserv Forum gig in 2018, as well as the band's first show period since the end of their "The Bandito Tour" in December 2019.
With today's announcement, the Amp headliner lineup is entirely set. Here's the list:
- Wednesday, Sept. 1 – Fall Out Boy, Weezer and Green Day
- Thursday, Sept. 2 – Luke Bryan
- Friday, Sept. 3 – Chance the Rapper
- Saturday, Sept. 4 – Twenty One Pilots
- Wednesday, Sept. 8 – Jonas Brothers
- Thursday, Sept. 9 – Chris Stapleton
- Friday, Sept. 10 – Zac Brown Band
- Saturday, Sept. 11 – Dave Chappelle
- Wednesday, Sept. 15 – Dave Matthews Band
- Thursday, Sept. 16 – Megan Thee Stallion
- Friday, Sept. 17 – Miley Cyrus
- Saturday, Sept. 18 – Guns N' Roses
Tickets for Twenty One Pilots will go on sale beginning Thursday, July 1 at 10 a.m. at both Summerfest's website and Ticketmaster.com. For the complete Big Gig schedule, click here – and stay tuned to OnMilwaukee for more updates on Summerfest as the world's largest musical festival tunes up for its big return.
As much as it is a gigantic cliché to say that one has always had a passion for film, Matt Mueller has always had a passion for film. Whether it was bringing in the latest movie reviews for his first grade show-and-tell or writing film reviews for the St. Norbert College Times as a high school student, Matt is way too obsessed with movies for his own good.
When he's not writing about the latest blockbuster or talking much too glowingly about "Piranha 3D," Matt can probably be found watching literally any sport (minus cricket) or working at - get this - a local movie theater. Or watching a movie. Yeah, he's probably watching a movie.