It’s time to loosen your belts and make room for a leisurely day of eating.
The sixth annual Walker’s Point Food Crawl, hosted by OnMilwaukee and MKEfoodies will take place on Saturday, June 3 from noon to 3 p.m., and you won't want to miss the opportunity to taste your way through the the Historic Walker's Point neighborhood and check out hot new spots like Bowls and The Love Shack!
During the event, attendees can grab a Bublr bike or enjoy a stroll through the neighborhood at their own pace and indulge in their choice of delicious small plates from nearly 20 of Milwaukee's finest restaurants and food venues.
Examples of delicious items on which you can nosh during the crawl include:
- c.1880: 1) Trout rillette with sourdough, pickled tomato and capers; 2) Carrot soup with cardamom, boondi and coconut (veg option)
- Braise: 1) Chili braised beef tongue pupusa with cucumber-scallion relish; 2) Coconut-curried sweet peas with cucumber-lime yogurt and garlic naan
- Camino: 1) Wings sampler with three wings, sauced three ways; 2) Potato and cheese pierogi plate with a 2-ounce side of kimchi
- Drink Wisconsinbly Pub: 1) Fried Curds: Roelli cheese curds fried in Lakefront Eastside Dark beer batter, served with house ranch; 2) Butter Burger featuring 4oz smash patty, american cheese, iceberg, Beefsteak tomato, red onion and mayo served on a potato roll
- Indulgence Chocolatiers: 1) 2016 Pico Maccario Lavignone Rosato, Piedmont, Italy and a lemon curd & Earl Grey truffle; 2) 2014 Spice Route Pinotage, South Africa & a raspberry St. Germain truffle; 3) Milwaukee Brewing Co. Sheepheads Coffee Stout & a s’mores bar; 4) Choice of three truffles
- Lost Valley Cider: Two taster size ciders, your choice from the following: Lost Valley Cider Co. Barrel Aged Reserve; Restoration Sugar River, Madison; Mershon's Artisan, Stoughton; Finnriver Black Currant, Washington; Blake's El Chavo (Mango-Habanero), Michigan
- Merriment Social: Lamb meatball slider with ricotta, arrabbiata, walnut pesto, giardiniera aioli
- Morel: 1) Ricotta gnudi with early summer ingredients such as stinging nettle, oyster mushroom, whey and asparagus; 2) Smoked pork belly ragout with ricotta cavatelli, woodear mushroom and Sarvecchio parmesan
- Screaming Tuna: 1) Wasabi tuna roll with tuna, avocado, masago, wasabi mayo; 2) Mango roll with asparagus, cucumber, avocado, mango salsa (vegan / gluten free)
- Wayward Kitchen Co.: 1) Mac & cheese, braised beef with housemade Colorado sauce, red onion and jalapeno relish; 2) Manila clams with caponata broth and herbed bread crumbs
- Zak’s Cafe: Half order of avocado roasted red pepper Benedict with poached egg, avocado, roasted red peppers and hollandaise sauce on an English muffin; includes choice of hash browns, country fried potatoes, or fruit
Two types of tickets area available for purchase online. Silver Plate passes include seven small plate vouchers for $55. Gold Plate passes include 12 small plate vouchers for $85. For a complete list of participating restaurants and to purchase tickets, visit Eventbrite.com.
You can also follow the Walker's Point Food Crawl on Facebook for updates and additional information.
Please note: ticket quantities are limited. Day-of tickets may be available onsite beginning at 10 a.m. on Saturday, June 3, but are not guaranteed.
Lori is an avid cook whose accrual of condiments and spices is rivaled only by her cookbook collection. Her passion for the culinary industry was birthed while balancing A&W root beer mugs as a teenage carhop, fed by insatiable curiosity and fueled by the people whose stories entwine with each and every dish. She’s had the privilege of chronicling these tales via numerous media, including OnMilwaukee and in her book “Milwaukee Food.” Her work has garnered journalism awards from entities including the Milwaukee Press Club.
When she’s not eating, photographing food, writing or recording the FoodCrush podcast, you’ll find Lori seeking out adventures with her husband Paul, traveling, cooking, reading, learning, snuggling with her cats and looking for ways to make a difference.