I could easily find 15 things every day that I look forward to, but for the sake of a catchy headline and an easy to digest blog here are 15 things that I'm truly looking forward to in this new year that is 2015.
- The new season of "House of Cards." Feb. 27 on Netflix.
- Cheers when one of the area’s worst grocery stores, the crappy Pick 'N Save on Oakland Avenue in Shorewood finally begins its transition into a Metro Market.
- The ground breaking for the new Kimpton Hotel on the northeast corner of East Chicago Street and Broadway in the Historic Third Ward
- Finally, something new in the former Blackthorn space at 750 N. Jefferson St.?
- More unbundling and customization for content and video delivery on all platforms. See HBOGo without a cable subscription.
- Garth Brooks, U2 or Taylor Swift at Summerfest?
- Henry Ellenson and the other 2015 men’s basketball recruits at Marquette University.
- A full summer and second season of Bublr bikes.
- Changes to and some big, new fun on Wisconsin Avenue, including the second season of the Newaukee Night Market.
- A new Downtown Milwaukee arena location announcement.
- Buzz building for "Finding Dory." Come on, admit it you loved "Finding Nemo," too.
- A definitive, official groundbreaking for modern transit and the Milwaukee Streetcar.
- The opening of Ward 4, the new startup hub inside Milwaukee's historic Pritzlaff Building.
- Something new and charitable like the ice bucket challenge that rises organically, builds community, buzz and helps us all better connect around a cause. You know something will emerge. Why not make it happen yourself!?
- More amazing developments and some exciting announcements from OnMilwakee.com. How’s that for a tease?
Happy new year, everyone.
A life-long and passionate community leader and Milwaukeean, Jeff Sherman is a co-founder of OnMilwaukee.
He grew up in Wauwatosa and graduated from Marquette University, as a Warrior. He holds an MBA from Cardinal Stritch University, and is the founding president of Young Professionals of Milwaukee (YPM)/Fuel Milwaukee.
Early in his career, Sherman was one of youngest members of the Greater Milwaukee Committee, and currently is involved in numerous civic and community groups - including board positions at The Wisconsin Center District, Wisconsin Club and Marcus Center for the Performing Arts. He's honored to have been named to The Business Journal's "30 under 30" and Milwaukee Magazine's "35 under 35" lists.
He owns a condo in Downtown and lives in greater Milwaukee with his wife Stephanie, his son, Jake, and daughter Pierce. He's a political, music, sports and news junkie and thinks, for what it's worth, that all new movies should be released in theaters, on demand, online and on DVD simultaneously.
He also thinks you should read OnMilwaukee each and every day.