"Bar Month" at OnMilwaukee.com is back for another round! The whole month of February, we're serving up intoxicatingly fun articles on bars and clubs -- including guides, the latest trends, bartender profiles and more. Grab a designated driver and dive in!
The votes are in and the winners have been selected for OnMilwaukee's Best: Bars & Clubs, 2011. Find readers' results in 50 categories, including an editors' pick, in this series of articles that run daily in the Bars and Clubs section of OnMilwaukee.com.
With so many bars out there, sometimes it takes a good gimmick to get you in the door.
Whether you are trying to get your bumper sticker for closing Wolski's or craving an endless basket of bacon at Comet, there are plenty of watering holes in Milwaukee that give you a little extra bang for your buck.
But if you are looking for bells and whistles OnMilwaukee.com readers said that the Safe House's password it the best bar gimmick in town. The world famous spy-themed bar at 779 N. Front St. has plenty of other quirky tricks up its sleeve, but if you don't know the password you are going to suffer some public humiliation to find out what they are.
OnMilwaukee.com editors' pick: Comet's all-you-can-eat bacon
2. Wolski's "I closed Wolski's" bumper sticker
3. Comet's all-you-can-eat bacon
4. At Random's Tiki Love Bowl
5. Old German Beer Hall's beer-in-a-boot
6. Spin Milwaukee's ping pong tables
7. Nomad's world's shortest happy hour
8. Bryant's Brainbuster and bumper sticker
9. Hooligan's beer in a boot
10. The Horny Goat Hideaway's beer sampler
11. Free popcorn at Von Trier
12. Lucille's Rockin' Pianos' syringe shots
13. Y-not II's free popcorn
14. Replay's beer tower
15. Palm Tavern's yard of beer